Life’s journey can be filled with detours that may leave us feeling down. It can make us question our existence and purpose on this earth. As long as time continues, the pendulum will swing back and forth with good and bad. Because of this, it is important that we learn to transmute negative feelings into positive ones. Learning to cultivate our mental, spiritual, and physical well-being is vital in the pursuit of happiness. Below is a list of ways to help one feel great in spite of what happens day-to-day.
- Meditate – Taking 3-5 minutes to inhale and exhale daily helps control anxiety. Meditation is also said to reduce stress, help focus, and improve sleep. Meditation has several benefits not mentioned. Research shows that adding meditation to your daily routine will have long term positive benefits.
- Hydrate – We are composed of 70% water, so keeping our bodies fueled with its natural element will help us function better. Water detoxifies and cleanses your internal organs. It also helps with mental clarity. Consuming more water provides an energy boost and has weight loss benefits as well.
- Exercise – Getting your blood pumping helps relieve stress and increases endorphins. Exercise does not have to consist of heavy weight lifting. A brisk 30-minute walk in the park will help you feel and look better.
- Give back – Sewing a seed or helping someone in the time of need will give you instant gratification. Reading to children at the library is a sure way to put a smile on both of your faces. There is also a positive exchange of energy when you pay for the person’s coffee behind you in line. Your donation leaves an impact on the people that you assist and it inspires them to do the same. “If you want happiness for a lifetime- help someone else” Chinese Proverb
- Accomplish a goal – How many times do we plan to complete a task but never cross it off of our list? It could be something big as applying for your Master’s to something as small as cleaning out the garage. When our to-do list is pushed aside, it leaves a feeling of disappointment because the mission wasn’t carried out. Whenever you start to feel unfulfilled, check your list and bring a goal into fruition. This will give you a great feeling of success and is bound to make you feel great inside and out.